Taryn Adams (née Hicks)
Communications Officer at Internode (part of iiNet Limited). Responsible for website content, technical writing, document design, and interactive PDF forms.
Past experience as Customer Support Officer at Internode, helping customers with their Internet connections. Previous roles include Studio Support (at Freerange Future), and Communications Officer (at the Department of Education and Children’s Services (DECS)). In both roles, duties included building simple websites, writing documentation, and maintaining web content.
- Redesigned documents displayed in Internode reception area and on the website.
- Redesigned page layout and style for Internode’s website, including new
hardware comparison tables.
- Created illustrations for AVCon’s primary advertising campaign in 2013.
- Redesigned information architecture for sections of Internode’s website.
- Rewrote customer notifications for Internode billing, plan changes, and provisioning.
- Researched and developed a web publishing kit for South Australian preschool directors.
- Created user guides for Government metadata, web standards, and other web technologies.
- Created mascot illustration for Adelaide Roller Derby’s interstate team in 2010.
- Set up an SMS system to remind Seacliff Surf Life Saving Club members of upcoming patrols.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Design and Layout
- HTML 4/XHTML
- Customer Service
- Technical Support and Troubleshooting
- Copywriting and Copy Editing
- Web Content Management
- Technical Documentation
- HTML Emails
Website Editor/Communications Officer, Internode
- Technical writing and copyediting.
- Website maintenance.
- Composing, testing, and sending HTML emails.
- Image editing in Adobe Photoshop.
- Creating interactive PDF forms in Adobe InDesign and Acrobat Pro.
- Using a project management system (JIRA) to record, prioritise, and follow-up requests.
April 2010–June 2011
Customer Services Officer (Support), Internode
- Telephone and email support for broadband and telephone services.
- Using a ticketing system (Request Tracker) to record, prioritise, and follow-up support requests.
- Writing technical documentation for customers.
December 2008–April 2010
Interactive Developer, Freerange Future
- Building websites in (X)HTML and CSS based on graphic design concept artwork.
- Writing technical documentation for our internal Content Management System.
- Occasional illustration and graphic design.
April 2008–December 2008
Project Officer, Department of Education and Children’s Services
- Telephone, e-mail, and on-site support for web publishing systems.
- Development of HTML/CSS website template for South Australian Preschools.
- Writing technical documentation, and copywriting for internal and external Department websites.
July 2004–March 2008
IT Customer Support Analyst,
Department of Education and Children’s Services
- Telephone, email, and on-site technical support for standard and custom desktop applications.
- Using a ticketing system (infraEnterprise) to record, prioritise, and follow-up support requests.
- Writing technical documentation for school and preschool staff.
- Training new staff to use infraEnterprise, the telephone system, and custom applications.
Further employment history is available upon request.
Interests and Hobbies:
References available upon request.